Liberty Yacht Club invites you to celebrate Halloween with us and the ending of a weird, yet successful season – in a fun and creative manner! The Boatbusters & Trick or Treat event will show support to our LLM community members Michele Wiemer & Barry Richards’ philanthropic initiative – Sailors & Seniors Helping Jersey City Homeless started in March 2020. Proceeds from this Go Fund Me campaign go to cover mask making materials and shipping expenses, and for buying food supplies to be cooked by amazing chefs from our community.
Boat owners, crew, children – all welcome!
- 10-10:45am – Boat Parade along the Morris Canal – awarding the best decorated boat!
- 10:45am-12:45pm – The Boatbusters Race – in the NY Harbor – Click here for Notice of Race
- 1-3pm – Trick-or-Treat Competition on LLM’s docks – Benefiting Michele & Barry’s (of I dock) initiative – Sailors & Seniors Helping Jersey City Homeless. Each Trick-or-Treat Team will be assigned a dock in the marina, and will attempt raising as many donations as possible. Marina tenants, please be consider and be ready to give either “Trick” – a $ donation to fund this initiative via Go Fund Me, or “Treat” – in the form of a coat or food items (see list of items to follow)
To actively participate in the event, Crews and Teams of Trick-or-Treaters shall pledge to raise a minimum of $50 through the dedicated Go Fund Me campaign. Click on the “Donate Here” link above.
Please Make sure you add Boatbusters! and team name in the comment section of your donation
Boat Owners/Marina Tenants:
- You are invited to view the boat parade from your dock between 10-10:45am!
- If you would like to support this cause, please be ready from 1-3 pm with either a “Trick” (donation to the SSHJCH GoFundMe account) or “Treat” (donation of coat or food items). Preferred food items are listed above
- Best boat decoration
- Best costume (individual or crew)
- Boat race winners
- Trick-or-Treat Team to raise the most money
- Trick-or-Treat Team to raise the most Coats and Food items
Winners will be announced later in the evening via email and social media.
- The event will be conducted under safety guidelines to prevent the spread of covid-19:
- Participants MUST wear face covering while on public and dock areas of the marina
- Crews of up to 6 people/dock will be allowed to participate in Trick or Treat Activity
- Participants are required to practice social distancing while on the docks
- Funds collected are processed through GoFundMe.com – an online crowdfunding platform
For questions and/or comments please contact:
Boatbusters Chairperson – Nitzan Levy – email@example.com
LYC Rear Commodore – Beth Daugherty – firstname.lastname@example.org