Trick-or-Treat Competition on LLM’s docks – Benefiting Michele & Barry’s (of I dock) initiative – Sailors & Seniors Helping Jersey City Homeless.
Each Trick-or-Treat Team will be assigned a dock in the marina, and will attempt raising as many donations as possible. Marina tenants, please be consider and be ready to give either “Trick” – a $ donation to fund this initiative via Go Fund Me, or “Treat” – in the form of a coat or food items (see list of items to follow)
- Register as a Trick-or-Treat Team of up to 6 people in total – you will be assigned a dock where you can start the activity between 1-3pm
- Register as individuals and be teamed-up with other people to Trick-or-Treat with on a pre-assigned dock
Register for Trick or Treat
Fundraising can be done as follows:
- Soliciting your friends, family and networks
- Trick or Treat on Liberty Landing Marina’s docks between 1-3pm where you join a team of Trick-or-Treaters to solicit marina tenants to either make a $ donation to fund this initiative via Go Fund Me (AKA – “Trick”) or donate a coat or food items (see list) (AKA – “Treat”). Each Trick-or-Treat Team will be assigned docks to fundraise on.
- Donations can be done through HERE – Trick-or-Treaters should share the GoFundMe link with donors who can then show a confirmation of their donation
In addition to (or in lieu of) money donations, people may donate gently used and clean coats of all sizes and food items for the homeless. Food items we recommend as donation:
- Canned whole/crushed/diced tomato sauce
- Canned beans
Coats and food items donations shall be delivered along with a report of the total $ amount raised by the team to M/V Bon Voyage (owned by Michele Wiemer) located on I Dock by Saturday 10/31/2020 @3pm. An Event Committee member will record the team’s collected donations.
- Best boat decoration
- Best costume (individual or crew)
- Boat race winners
- Trick-or-Treat Team to raise the most money
- Trick-or-Treat Team to raise the most Coats and Food items
Winners will be announced later in the evening via email and social media.
- The event will be conducted under safety guidelines to prevent the spread of covid-19:
- Participants MUST wear face covering while on public and dock areas of the marina
- Crews of up to 6 people/dock will be allowed to participate in Trick or Treat Activity
- Participants are required to practice social distancing while on the docks
- Funds collected are processed through GoFundMe.com – an online crowdfunding platform
For questions and/or comments please contact:
Boatbusters Chairperson – Nitzan Levy – email@example.com
LYC Rear Commodore – Beth Daugherty – firstname.lastname@example.org